Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bone In or Bone Out


Last night Regina and I went to pizza hut here in Levelland because we both had a craving for over priced pizza and some good chicken wings. (that was a joke sort of). As we set down and looked at the menu Regina said that she would like bone out chicken wings, and so I agreed and we ordered that along with a pzone that we split. Well our food came and we began to indulge ourselves on these glorious honey barbecue chicken wings
As I was stuffing my face and belly I started to ponder which kind of wing was better. Was it the wings with the bone in or the ones with the bones out. I thought of many pros and cons like, how messy each of them were, or which one I look better eating, so on and so forth. There are many more but I will spare you.
Well the answer that I came up with is that it depends on the mood that I am in. I know that is not great answer but it is the truth. I will say this though, i believe that you get more satisfaction out of eating the wings with the bone in, because you have to work for it. You can eat a wing and see your work and say " Man I did a good job on that wing"
On a little more serious note, I believe that in today's society and in our spiritual life even, we don't want to have to work for things. We want everything given to us and it be easy and not realistic. This is something that I am convinced that we all struggle with including, Yes even me. (that was a joke all the way). I would love to be able grow spiritually without the struggles and the pain, and work ,but how would I appreciate it if that is how it worked?
Psalms 119:67- Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word.
My challenge for myself and you if you accept it is, to not be a lazy consumer christian, and to continue to work and to grow and serve my Father as he has called us to do. If we do this I believe that not only will we have salvation but we will have more satisfaction and a true relationship with God. I also want to be able to rejoice when I am facing trials and struggles because through that I know that I will grow closer to him.
That is a lot of thinking coming out of chicken wings. I hope to have pictures up soon of our newly painted living room and dining room! After all this is call Joey and Regina's life. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment