Wednesday, April 1, 2009

He will handle it.


Do you remember when you were young and you would something and mess it up, and thinking to yourself, well that's ok, Dad can fix it, he can handle it. Well to tell you the truth, I still think, and do that, and to be totally honest I probably do it to much. But then again? Do I? Now whenever I have a problem I call my Father and say Dad I have a question, What would you do?
Now some people would say that I need to grow up and learn how to do things on my own, but you know what I think? I think that is one of the things that is wrong with the world.
You see we think that we need to grow up and do things on our own when in fact we need to go to our heavenly Father and say, I have a question, What would you do? We have made the mistake of trying to do it on our own and I don't think it is working because we stink at doing things on our own and have fallen flat on our face.
One of the reasons that we do things on our own is because the world tell us we must "grow up",which is a bunch of bull honkey, because I believe that is how you grow closer to God, by bringing your problems to him and listening to him and spending time with him. That is truly how to grow up and mature and be the person that God wants you to be by asking him who he wants you to be. I have grown so much closer to my earthly Father by asking questions and listening to him.
There are several reasons why we keep things problems to ourselves but, there is one more that I want to talk about.
I am convinced that we don't bring our junk and our struggles to God because, we don't believe that he can handle it, or that he wants to handle it, and that is wrong. The thing that we have to do is not just know that he can deal with it, but believe in him, and have a faith that says "I believe that you will handle whatever problem or junk that I have but that you will also handle me and that you love me God", and that is extremely hard to do.
That is what I am challenging you to do and myself to do, take everything that you have to the Lord, good or bad he wants to hear them both. He can handle that sadness, and the excitement.
I am thankful for both my Dad and Mom, they have helped me and my family through all of our junk and they still love us, and we still love them. I know that one day they will not be here on this earth any more, and when that day comes I will be devastated, but my parents have taught me that there is a heavenly father that I can take all my problems to and I am thankful for them teaching me about God and his great unending love. House picture soon I promise!! lol I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment