Sunday, April 19, 2009

Breakfast!


Well hello! and good Morning! I don't know if it is really morning when you are reading this but, i am going to take a shot in the dark and hope that I am right.
This past Saturday morning Regina and I decide that we would make some pancakes, so we went into the kitchen and began to whip some up. Well I got this fun idea that we should do some different shapes just to switch it up a little bit, and so we did as you can see in the picture, and it was alot of fun. We decided when the time comes and we have little ones that we need to remember this idea, because kids would love it (don't you think)? Well they were wonderful pancakes and I was full for awhile until lunch time, but it made me feel better all day. I spent time with my beautiful wife and I got to feed my stomach, what could be better than that?
I began to think about my spiritual life and how it relates to this cooky breakfast adventure, and this is what I came up with. I am convinced that whatever we do we must spend time with our father just as I must spend time with my wife, and what better time than in the morning, at the beginning of the day before you do anything. After all he is the one that gave you the day to serve him so at the beginning of the day is when we should thank him for it. Now here is something that I have made the mistake doing and hopefully you can learn from my mistakes, you could have alot to learn when you think about it. lol. I have made the mistake in the past of spending time with God but it was all one sided. I would spend time praying with him every morning on the way to work or when I woke up ,but I would not listen to what he has to say. I think alot of times we get up and spend the time with God but we never eat our spiritual breakfast, because we ignore his word and what he is saying to us. If you are going to get up early why not eat breakfast to. We cannot neglect God's word in our life because if we do we are not only starving ourselves but we are hindering our growth by not letting God feed his child.
I encourage you to get up in the morning and have breakfast, both physically but more importantly spiritually. Have a great day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment